I know you have heard this buzz phrase “content markerting” being thrown around these past few years. You might just be wondering what the whole content marketing thing is all about. Well, let me try to simplify it for you. Hopefully by the end of this read we will be on the same page on why it has become so important in today’s marketing strategies. Content marketing is a type of marketing that focuses on the creation, publishing and distribution of valuable content to a business’ targeted audience.
In today’s world, traditional outbound marketing strategies are no longer as effective when it comes to reaching target customers and converting sales leads. As a result, businesses’ have adopted the concept of content marketing to solve this problem. Content marketing is important because it helps:
Educate your target leads and prospects about the products and services you offer
- As your prospects read through and absorb all the valuable information you provide the smarter, they will become about your products or services and how they can benefit them. We call these qualified leads. It is usually easier for you or your sales team to close these leads as customers.
Drive traffic to your business
- Content marketing helps you with your online visibility thereby increasing various traffic to your sites. This can be to any of your websites, or social media accounts. Search Engine Optimization or just SEO is one sure way of making your content visible to the target audience. Make sure that all your content is optimized to increase your chances of being found online.
Differentiate your brand/business from competitors
- You can set your business apart from others in the industry through the topics you create content around. Your content’s language and the way you present your information can also set you apart. Your content also helps you to create a brand personality. This distinguishs to your audience whether your brand personality is serious and professional, fun and educational or you are a mixture of both. The value of the content you provide can mean the difference between a customer choosing to do business with you over your competitor.
Build relationships with customers
- Even after great content has managed to turn leads into customers, you still have to continue providing great content to those customers. Content provided to existing customers increases and strengthens their loyalty to your brand. In the process you will be creating a relationship between your business and its customers. When there is such a relationship it fosters repeat sales and you are also guaranteed of brand advocates.
- Great content brings with it great sales conversions. Content marketing improves your conversions because it allows you to connect with your leads and customers. You will not only be working to build trust and relationships but also encourage conversions. This is done by providing customers with the information they need to make an educated purchasing decision. Just be sure to optimize your content so that it includes a call-to- action. Your call-to-action should lead the audience on what to do next, guiding them step by step through the conversion process.
I hope these 5 reasons clarified why you should consider crafting your own content marketing strategy for your business.